Collector Preview Info
What is a Collector Preview, and how do I sign up for one?
Before every show opening, Artwhirl sends out a Collector Preview in advance to those individuals on the Collector Preview email list. This preview contains an early look at the show's available works along with pricing and availability. People who inquire for a preview typically receive the first chance to purchase original works from our shows before the general public.
To request a Collector Preview for an upcoming show fill out the form at the bottom of this page or email Artwhirl at firstname.lastname@example.org and you'll be forwarded along to the appropriate mailing list.
How do Collector Previews work? Are they first-come, first-served?
While we understand we have collectors in different time zones, we do work on a "first-come, first-served" policy when offering pre-sales of works for a show. Although we cannot guarantee that your choice will be available at the time you make your request, the window between when the Collector Preview goes out and the show opening is a time where we will work with Collectors to accommodate their requests as best we can.
So, how do you decide where and how works are placed?
Placing pieces with supportive collectors is always our priority. We also like to know if the collector has missed out on works on a particular artist in the past. In the event this has happened we can keep this in mind for future shows featuring said artist. We do our best to keep collectors happy!
What is the best way to make sure I can get work from a particular artist?
Here are some suggestions:
- Contact us as early as possible after the Collector Preview is sent out, and please be patient.
- Once a Collector Preview is sent out, send us a list of at least 1-3 works that you're interested in. If you only want one piece, and that piece is in demand, your chances or purchasing the piece will be lower. If you let us know of more than one piece you're interested in, your chances of being able to get your piece of choice will be higher.
- When responding to a Collector Preview, please give us a direct phone number to reach you, or please be as responsive to our emails as possible. We can only hold work for a short amount of time, especially if there are other collectors inquiring, so your being accessible and communicative is really important!
- Building personal relationships with our collectors is important to us! We look forward to getting to know collectors are and what they collect. Come to an event and say hi! We want collecting to be as rewarding as possible!
I've missed out on a piece I really wanted, what do I do next?
If you miss out on a piece from a show you can:
- Stay in touch! Let us know that you'd like to continue to be updated with Collector Previews and that your interest in that artist continues. The odds are very good that we'll have a new event or body of work ready for you to have first access to in the future.
- Support our events! You help us keep Artwhirl going, whether that's by picking up new pieces regularly, attending our events in person, supporting us on social media or saying something nice to those you know. Anything you do to support us enables us to support you back!
- Keep the faith! Art collecting is a great, lifelong hobby! Sometimes it can take months, or even years, to find just the right piece by a particular artist. We're here to work together with you to build the collection of your dreams!